Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Patience.

and the answer is in..... I'll be in Denver for the summer!!!!!!!!

So... considering I got an email last week telling me my chance at getting this research position was basically zero, I've had a disappointing week. Wondering where to go from here, what to do, and dreading the awful, soul killing possibility of spending the summer in Ohio. And then, as I set in class today, compulsively checking my email, a subject heading "MSTAR UCLA" popped in my inbox. I've been accepted into the UCLA research program (geriatrics) and my worksite is in Denver, Colorado! Umm... considering I have some dearly loved friends there and thought it would be cool to live there, I'm pretty stoked :)

I guess things just work out sometimes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Omfree gas! That is so exciting! I can only begin to imagine how great of a summer this will be- and I've never been to Colorado but it looks soo gorgeous!Congratulations :)


it's encouraging to hear- I'm in the "wondering where to go from here, what to do, dreading the awful, soul killing possibility of spending [ ] in ohio" ... i feel there is a lesson i'm to be learning here but i dont see it. besides checking my email compusively :)

Unknown said...

Thank you- I covet your prayers, truly. How are you? I hope your break was nice and adventursome! (persevere! One of my fav. things about IU's program was that it was marked by restless joy- a retaught perspective for me)

I am, day by day. I have interviews on Monday. learning. Today I opened my note/reflections from the leadership summit...still just as potent.