Friday, March 13, 2009

apathy.

To start, I know the irony that I'm commenting on this through the internet.

Is facebook the replacement for activism? Every day I get a "cause invitation." What does that mean? Does it mean you care, or do something about the cause? Does it mean you are involved or active or even know what you're supposedly "supporting"? I postulate that it's an apathetic approach to change in order to avoid having to do any work or risk anything. I think it's the lazy-man's way to feel better about oneself and to look better on paper without necessitating active involvement. Call this harsh, if you wish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's not harsh. it's one of the things that is completely draining about society. and numbing.

let me try to recall... something to the effect of- it was necessary for free will and we would not of been able to understand that/those ____ character qualities of God. We would have had no need for a generous forgiving God, had we not needed forgiven. We would not have seen his mercies, had we not fallen. It's not that he lost anything- but what we gained. before we were just man; now we are a part of the royal priesthood.