Sunday, August 8, 2010


In the back of my mind, I always wondered if I'd love medicine and being at the hospital as much as I thought I would. You sit in classrooms and pouring through books for years anticipating that one day you'll be with patients and it will all be worth it. The funny thing is that it's a mere hope; that at the end of the day the years of work and the $100 thousand that you've invested in your education will be worth it. Well, last week proved that I do love medicine every bit as much as I thought I did. I think it's a good sign when you spend 30+ hours straight at the hospital and aren't counting down the hours till you can go home. I love the patients (as crazy as they can be), I love the residents, I love the smell and feel of the halls of the hospital. I love suturing, and procedures, and even being confused. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to go into a field that I'm this passionate about.

No comments: